Monday, October 22, 2007

Hi All:

I'm Sandy and I'm so glad to be part of this group. We are all knitting for a good cause. Now, I have to come up with 5 things about me. LOL

I'm 65 years old, married for almost 44 years. I have 2 married daughters and 4 grandchildren, they range in age for 8 to 14. One of my daughters lives right across the street and the other one lives 4 blocks away. To keep control of when the grands come over, we use a flag system. If the flag is out, they can come over, no flag, they stay home. Of course, lots of times I get a phone call with a young voice asking, when are you going to put the flag out? LOL
I also am a care-giver for my 87 year old mother. She lives by herself with my support. She doesn't drive anymore, so that means I take her where ever she needs or wants to go. She fell in March and broke her hip, as a result she doesn't walk very good, but she tries.

I started knitting when I was very young. I remember knitting a sweater when I was in high school, so I must have started knitting before then, but what age I was, is lost in time. I've knitted on and off most of the time since then. But in the last few years when I saw all the beautiful yarns that are out now, I really got back into it . I don't do very complex patterns anymore.
Now, I enjoy the soothing almost hypnotic easy patterns. I'm very much into short row knitting at the present time. It fascinates me, when I use variegated yarns. I love doing scarfs which is how I got into this group. I saw a post on another board and decided to send Shelly some of my scarfs. And here I am LOL

Is that 5 things about me? Oh, I love to read, (almost forgot that one) I could live in the library. Lock me in the library and feed me with a tube, I'd be in heaven LOL

It's so nice to be part of this group and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Hugs
Sandy

No comments: