Friday, December 5, 2008

Recurring Theme . . .

My last post I was ruminating about where October had gone, and now I've allowed November to slip past as well as several days of December. Old habits die hard, obviously. I've never been one who found it easy to build habits, especially good ones. Oh, well, enough of that blither.

Thank you, Rena, for reminding me that I hadn't been here lately! What are you all knitting as Christmas gifts? I'm not knitting for Christmas, I'm struggling through a pair of fingerless gloves for myself. I started one pattern for a pair of long (nearly elbow length) ones, got to the thumb part and realized I couldn't make heads or tails of the directions so I tried to use the thumb portion of another pattern, but just managed to confuse myself further. In frustration I frogged them completely and started another pattern, but lengthened them some, so that my sleeve will come down over the cuff even when I'm knitting. I've just started the increases for the thumb.

Scarves . . . December scarves are due soon! I know that many of you are doing Christmas gifts and so if you've opted not to do December scarves there will be no repercussions . . . we don't kick you out!

I'm still working on a couple of scarves, but just feel like I'm knitting slower than ever these days. I'm not sure why . . . maybe fibro fog, but my mind just seems to wander more than usual and I'm finding it harder to concentrate.

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, if you celebrated, and that you're about ready for the upcoming holidays however you celebrate.

Shelly

No comments: