Monday, March 24, 2008

Spring has Sprung!

Here in California Spring has definitely sprung. There are flowers everywhere, the blossoming trees are nearly all green now and the weather is fit for all! Unless you suffer from allergies of course! Our back yard looks like we're farming dandelions! I wish I'd taken a picture before hubby mowed a few minutes ago . . . yep, we're already having to mow lawns here in Northern California.

The spring scarves will be delivered this week I hope. I think this delivery will go to the Stockton Hematology Oncology office as I just learned last week that my good friend and neighbor, Bernice, has been diagnosed with 3rd stage lung cancer (even though she nor her hubby have ever smoked or worked around asbestos) and that is where she will take her chemo treatments. I took her a beautiful blue lacy scarf that had been sent to me, and because she's been a knitter for Scarves From The Heart it was an especially poignant moment when she caressed it along the side of her face and said "Now I'm a cancer survivor". It breaks my heart that so many of my friends are being diagnosed with cancer these days.

Summer is just around the corner, and it's going to be more difficult to figure out men's scarves for summer, I'm thinking Blue Skies might be a good theme for a mans scarf. I need ideas . . . so speak up friends! What are you all thinking of for summer scarves?

Shelly

No comments: