Saturday, February 16, 2008

I'm Still Here Too!

Well, the groundhog said that we would have 6 more weeks of winter, but I'm still waiting for it to start here in the suburbs of NYC! We have had a pathetic winter - tons of rain that would have made for beautiful white landscapes (and snow days...can you tell I'm a teacher with grown children?) and only a few really cold days. I've been told that I might have to move to another part of the country if I want to experience winters like I did as a child. sigh.

At any rate, I've been plodding away on my spring scarf - it is in a pale yellow wool and I am doing the basketweave scarf from Knitting Daily. http://www.knittingdaily.com/freepatterns/scarves_belts/Basketweave_Scarf_by_Ann_Budd30-1.html
Since I'll be logging in some airplane time I'm bringing it on the plane since the other project I am bringing entails a cable needle, which I don't want to have look for in the plane (am I the only person who is forever dropping their cable needle? I've taken to poking it through my pattern so I can find it!)

If I can get this scarf done I got some pinky purply lace weight yarn in a closeout at KnitPicks and figured that would make another spring scarf...if time allows.

Happy Knitting! Marcie

No comments: